Life’s too short not to enjoy pudding. With our chocolate chia pudding, which just so happens to be vegan, keto and full of healthy fats you can enjoy pudding every single day. Have it for breakfast, an after dinner snack or a mid-afternoon pick up.
We don’t know how pudding started getting a bad rep, but we don’t like it. Especially when we create a sweet treat that is actually really good for you.
First up, the base of this pudding is chia seeds, which are packed full of omega 3 and fibre. Then, we add in some cocoa, a superfood high in antioxidants and iron. Next up, it’s time for peanut butter adding a huge kick of potassium and protein. Finally, it’s our hemp almond mylk. This, too adds protein, as well as natural fats and a huge vitamin D hit.
We know what you’re thinking. Anything with chia seeds requires overnight soaking and a lot of spare time. You need the chocolate fix now. Well that won’t be a problem with this treat. There’s no need for soaking, tons of ingredients and a complicated method. It’s a grab a few ingredients, that you will probably have in your pantry, chuck in a blender and go.
Here’s how you make the chocolate chia pudding:
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of Nuts by Nature
- Optional: cocoa nibs for topping
- Take 1 tsp of Nuts by Nature and mix it with 200ml of water in a blend - set aside
- Place the chia seeds in the blender and blend for 30 seconds
- Add the milk, chocolate and peanut butter into the blender and blend for a further 20
- Place in a cup, bowl or jar and the pudding is yours to enjoy!