Looking for the perfect snack on your carb-cycling diet? Want to make food that can easily be tailored to fit into your macros? Fed up not being able to make the snacks that are in offer in store not contain the nutrients you need? Well Katie has got you covered!
Here are her protein oat bars, made using our Nuts by Nature paste that you can find here.
THESE are what dreams are made of. A slice of heaven if you will. The cherry on top. The cream of the crop. A carb cycling diet can be fun sometimes, and this recipe is the perfect way to end my day with a good source of protein, fats and carbs to fit my macros out.
If you are on the lower carb scale, you can simply cut back on the oats to fit your macros accordingly - that's the beauty of this recipe! My clients absolutely loved these on the Carb Cycling Challenge and that touch of chai really makes it for a good night capper! Use the collagen based mylk to increase protein even more!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of gluten free oats
- 1 cup of mashed banana
- 2/3 cups of vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup of Nuts by Nature almond milk
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup of brewed chai tea
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and grease a 8inch baking tray
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl - leave a little bit of coconut to sprinkle on the top
- Spread into baking tray - sprinkle coconut on top!
- Bake bars from 25-30 minutes and until lightly browned
- Set aside to cool, until they are set completely
- Can be frozen and thawed too
Find Katie here: